This position's preferred location is Woodland Hills, CA, however,
it can also be
located in Austin, TX; Olathe, KS; Portland, OR; Caledonia, MI or Phoenix, AZ.
Once established, this position will be virtual 80-85% of the time in one of these locations.
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Conducts engagement planning, IT risk analysis, scope determination, and IT test work as an Auditor-in-Charge with minimal guidance. Partners with business auditors to review IT controls within business processes. Documents and reports audit results with high quality and in line with engagement standards. Drives audit delivery within agreed timescales and budget.
Essential Job Functions
Serves as Auditor-in-Charge to drive audits to completion with minimal guidance. Works with a broad range of IT contracts and resources to develop technical knowledge and business awareness. Identifies risks/exposures requiring IT Audit intervention. Interacts with clients to gain agreement on corrective actions. Builds detailed knowledge of one or more areas of IT, and acts as a primary IT Audit contact for these areas. Indirect hours to support departmental projects and activities, individual development plan, training, performance management, and general administration.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred in Information Systems, Business Administration, or Business Information Management preferred. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation required. CISSP and/or CISM is a plus.
- More than six years in the industry including five years as an IT Audit professional.
- Possess detailed understanding of IT Audit standards and methodology.
- Possess detailed knowledge of IT risk assessment, data security, system development life cycle, IT operational processes, IT general controls, and application controls.
- Possess some working experience within an IT organization preferred, data analytical software knowledge desired, ongoing awareness of technological trends, some insurance industry knowledge or Farmers business knowledge preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
- Data analytical software knowledge desired (e.g. ACL, SAS, SQL, R, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.)
- Background in cyber security is a plus
- Good analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience working with business auditors
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/21/2020
Other Locations: United States, Kansas, Olathe,United States, Oregon, Portland,United States, Texas, Austin,United States, Arizona, Phoenix,United States, Michigan, Caledonia