At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
The IT Request and Demand Management team is responsible for intake and processing of requests for infrastructure related services; monitoring, analyzing and reporting on cost and consumption of the infrastructure resources and services for both on premise and cloud platform; identifying service and cost savings opportunities, forecasting and planning, building business cases for strategic initiatives, and implementing governance and process improvement initiatives.
- Collect, analyze, and report on performance metrics including, cost, capacity and utilization, for infrastructure resources and services on cloud platforms
- Maintain responsibility for monitoring cloud infrastructure usage and costs
- Maintain cost information on a daily basis using Amazon Web Services (AWS), third party, or custom tools, and prepare forward looking cost estimations to support customer and project needs.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Team and Suppliers to analyze monthly supplier billing and ensure that billing practices are appropriate and accurate.
- Work closely with Infrastructure team and IT Finance to maintain cloud cost spend through data analysis, consulting, accurate documentation, and creative problem-solving.
- Work closely with IT peers, Infrastructure Team, and IT Finance to understand the cloud consumption trend and monthly cost vs. budget. Adjust and update the Forecast.
- Manage key data repositories to ensure that cloud consumption is mapped appropriately to their respective business/service units.
- Work closely with Infrastructure Team to analyze performance data to right size instances and identify idle and underutilized instances.
- Coordinate ad-hoc meetings with IT peers, Infrastructure Team, IT Finance, etc. to review questionable or complicated items and manage through to resolution.
- Assist with new IT initiatives through the analysis of consumption data and savings opportunities to support business use cases.
- Provide detailed pricing information as needed to provide transparency and help drive business decisions based on real world cost data.
- Facilitate assigned Infrastructure Demand Management meetings with a goal to provide infrastructure demand visibility, prioritization support, and promote continuous improvement.
- Identify process improvements to call out risks, value, and sizing associated with demands
- Identify and implements process improvement and optimization opportunities within the infrastructure organization.
- Thrive on learning and becoming an expert in cloud cost management.
- Continues engagement and attendance at industry seminars, conferences, etc. Governance, Information Technology Infrastructure Trends, Supplier Management and Insurance.
- University degree or equivalent specific experience, e.g. ITIL Practitioner
- Prior Experience including, not limited to:
- Strong MS Excel experience to assess, analyze and compile consumption cost and potentially determine initiatives to optimize cloud infrastructure cost
- Experience with cloud platform tools for Cost Analysis, Capacity and Optimization analytics.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Knowledge of enterprise platforms and operating systems as well as knowledge of key business functions and processes
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies is strongly preferred
- Experience analyzing large data sources to identify trends and outliers and creating customized reports based on this data
- Must be able to review complex or technical information during the demand process with the understanding of what action items need to be executed, possible dependencies, sense of urgency, and prioritization of efforts needed to ensure demand requests get the correct metrics applied for their successful evaluation from infrastructure management
- Must be able to communicate both technical and non-technical information effectively with all teams within IT, business partners, external vendors, and other entities as needed
- Must be able to build effective working relationships across diverse technology teams and work effectively with team members who are geographically dispersed
- Ability to effectively work in MS Excel/MS Word/PowerPoint/ MS Project
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/23/2020