Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Lead the Distribution IT organization for Distribution (BU applications used by over 38,000 EA and staff across the country) in development of an innovative IT strategy in support of the aligned business strategy. Main point of contact and responsible for strategy, innovation, end-to-end service delivery, and relationship in alignment with the Distribution business strategy. Responsible for the delivery of the Distribution Roadmap including large-scale programs with high quality while instituting governance and processes. Responsible for the overall direction and growth – driving new solutions; technologies and efficiency potentials for the Distribution business.
- In collaboration with Distribution (business), CEO DRG, IT DRG, develop and implement innovative IT initiatives in support of the Distribution Roadmap and Distribution strategy
- Effectively manage Senior Staff including Officers and ensure they are driving in-support of the overall business objectives / imperatives.
- Manage both local and global relationship with 3rd party IT service providers (IBM, CSC, Wipro, etc.) and their performance & services to the Distribution business unit.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the Distribution IT organization
- Develop Customer SLAs to document service levels and annual cost for delivery of Distribution IT
- Manage delivery of Distribution Roadmap within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Drive communication levels and act as a key liaison between both the business, IT, our Vendor Partner
- Develop a strong leadership team capable of driving IT delivery in support of each functional area.
- Ensure all IT functions In scope work together to deliver required IT services to Farmers LOBs.
- Is responsible for and manages within the budget for functional area.
Travel required as needed to facilitate and ensure effective management and delivery of IT services. Travel also supports development and maintenance of key business relationships. Travel may be required to vendor locations and conferences to remain abreast of new and emerging technologies and solutions.
- Experience managing/developing a senior group of managers and IT professionals including executive level
- 10+ years working with Enterprise Systems and 5+ years successfully leading large, complex projects / programs
- Prefer 3-5 years P&C Insurance industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels, up to and including C-suite
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent team building and collaboration skills
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Knowledge of SAFe Agile and SDLC methodologies
Over time, must understand the Insurance Industry and Distribution business well enough to make technology recommendations that will impact the goals of the company. Must be able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently. Review and analyse complex reports and content then disseminate that information into various fashions/reports comprehensible to the business.
Must possess senior level management experience implementing applications aimed to improve speed to market and system flexibility, reducing complexity and cost, and enabling greater control. Professional must understand underlying infrastructure required to support current and proposed applications.
Job Posting: 01/22/2020