Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Analyzes and evaluates existing automated and manual systems and procedures; recommends methods of improvement.
- Conducts detailed systems studies of various Company functional operations to improve their operational efficiency, recommending automation as appropriate.
- Audits the work of junior staff to ensure that it meets installation standards, design specifications and is efficient and accurate.
- Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems.
- Initiates forms design and revisions as needed for new or enhanced systems.
- Prepares written specifications to assist programmers in developing new programs and procedures.
- Analyzes requests for new computer systems as to their feasibility and cost efficiency.
- Assures proper interaction between systems, whether automated or manual.
- Researches ways to avoid redundancies in the storage and processing of information.
- Develops the specifications for data and process models.
- Defines information which must be obtained to evaluate the cost and benefits of proposed solutions.
- Prepares cost/benefit analysis documentation.
- Works with technical specialists in developing the recommended approaches to system security, back up, restart and recovery, balancing and controls.
- Develops detailed plans for integration testing, system testing, performance testing and data conversion.
- Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software.
- Participates in quality control activities in working with junior staff.
- Trains junior staff as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the Casualty/Property Insurance industry with policy processing and back office systems.
- Experience in writing high level detailed solution and design specifications to assist programmers in developing new programs.
- Experience in both mainframe and distributed applications.
- Must be detailed oriented and an analytical thinker.
- Must be proficient in communicating with technical development teams as well as executive level.
- Must be a self-starter and quality driven.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge: Cobol, DB2, SQL, XML, Adabas, Java, Web Services, API, ETL processes.
Job Posting: 03/10/2020
Other Locations: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids