At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
As an Accounting Analyst, you play a crucial role in the department. You will be part of a team that contributes to the financial close process and provide valuable reports and analysis to key stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to support the Accounting team while further developing your skills.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements used by key stakeholders
- Research complex accounting issues and provide solutions
- Work on special projects, overseeing and acting as liaison with other functions on assigned project
- Help develop balancing routines and design exception reports that provide a means to analyze and fix out of balance in reconciliations and various reports
- Ensure the quality of the Balance Sheet by identifying and resolving reconciliation variances
- Support the business unit, auditors, state regulators and actuarial as assigned
- Prepare various internal management and external regulatory reports as assigned
- Drive and influence business decisions based on metrics and data
- Innovate and drive process improvement
- Work in a strong team environment with a focus on collaboration, diversity in thought and inclusion
- Articulate results effectively to management and provide solutions to questions/issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with an emphasis in accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience
- Ideal candidate will have Advanced Excel skills
- SAP experience is a plus
- Exception analytical skills and inquisitive mind
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Team player and effective collaborator
- Meticulous with an unrelenting attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills and demonstrates an ability to discuss or explain complex topics
- Customer centric and trustworthy
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience plus a competitive Benefits package, including bonus potential!
- Opportunity to join a team of over 450 Finance and Accounting professionals nationwide.
- Opportunities for advancement for proactive, driven and knowledgeable individuals who want to expand into leadership roles.
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Accounts, life insurance, short and long term disability; Company contributed 401(K) program, up to 6% dollar for dollar company match, PLUS additional 4% automatic company contribution; Bonus Eligibility and 19-34 PT0 days, based on experience and tenure. In addition, we offer wellness programs, flexible work schedule and much more.
Farmers® is a Great Place to Work!
- For more details on what makes Farmers a great place to work, please visit: reviews.greatplacetowork.com/farmers-insurance
Job Posting: 03/04/2020