Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Prepares routine to moderately complex internal management information and actuarial/financial reports and/or external filings, following established procedures.
- Assists in the revision and/or design of internal reports as required and assists in preparing related automation requests as necessary. Monitors results of assigned area of responsibility, noting unexpected results.
- Assists in responding to questions regarding internal reports and/or external filings.
- Assists in conducting actuarial analysis for rate-making purposes on existing and new products, using the concepts of trend, development, and credibility, as appropriate.
- Makes efficient use of automation tools to improve the timeliness, accuracy and content of reports, or to support actuarial research and experience and identifies areas for innovation.
- Assures that written job procedures are maintained on all reports where responsibility exists and recommends improvements as needed.
- Assists in projecting the impact of suggested corporate strategies, as requested.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments such as Product Management, Pricing/Product Analytics, and/or Research and Development to enhance work products and facilitate a cohesive work environment.
- Improves actuarial expertise on an on-going basis by studying for and passing Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) examinations with the support of our internal PASS Program. This Program provides study time scheduled into your workday, paid study material for each exam, and automatic salary increases for passing each exam. Additionally, the Program provides opportunity for both domestic and international rotations to help analysts gain well rounded skill sets.
- Performs other related duties as required or requestedPhysical Actions
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum.
- Functional ability of seeing, hearing, and speaking is required.Physical Environment
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment, with occasional travel by car or airplane.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, or related field
- Insurance Knowledge desirable
- Completion of at least 2 CAS Exams
- Desire to pursue Fellowship in the CASExperience Requirements
- One or more years of experience as an actuarial analyst a plusSpecial Skill Requirement
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with SQL and VBA preferred
- SAS and other program languages a plus
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function. Salary grade will be based on selected candidates' experience and skills.
Job Posting: 02/10/2020