We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Participates in an intensive training program which includes training in claims investigation, liability determination, coverage confirmation, establishing damages, and negotiation of claims settlement. The training will also include current claims systems, processes and strategy. Trainee will be required to complete an exam with a passing grade at certain phases of the training and to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required.
We are currently seeking experienced and entry level Liability Claims Adjusters for the Albuquerque area. Prior auto liability experience is preferred but not required. Strong time management skills, customer service experience and solid analytical aptitude are required for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in training classes to learn the policies, practices and procedures related to being a Claims Representative. Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases in a supervised learning environment.
- Has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits, with supervisory review and approval.
- Adjusts all types of claims.
- Inspects damaged property and vehicles, and determines claims related damage.
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property and vehicles.
- Determines and reports on subrogation potential.
- Initiates the sale of salvage vehicles, personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Reports theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies.
- Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
None. Must achieve minimum passing scores on all claims training exams.
Preferred: 3+ Years of Liability claims experience
Special Skill Requirement
Communication Personal Computer Literate Valid driver's license Bondable
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. ]]>
Job Posting: 02/05/2020