We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
- Will consider less experience applicant for the Product Analyst I or Product Analyst II role
- Would prefer experience with SAS, SQL or other programming languages
- Obtains and evaluates information that supports revenue growth and profitability; analyzes information using data manipulation and correlation.
- Analyzes new and existing programs and procedures; actively involved in the development of new procedures and products to fulfill customer needs; writes, revises and maintains procedures and records; responds to service center inquiries and facilitates changes in systems to satisfy service center and customer demands.
Essential Job Functions
Assists the product manager in developing new products by researching, obtaining and evaluating information that supports revenue growth and profitability; performs primary field research, including customer, distribution, competitor, insurance department and market surveys. Analyzes information using data manipulation and correlation; creates reports to assist the product manager. Creates Business Requirements Identification (BRIs) and PSD documents to meet programming specifications; sends complete forms to Operations; ensures timeliness, accuracy and approvals are met per the release schedule. Writes Breaking News Bulletins (BNB) to communicate releases; responsible for ensuring the Agency dashboard reflects current information for assigned products and notifies Commercial Wholesalers and Commercial Service Centers of upcoming product changes. Reviews Commercial systems (including, but not limited to, CLS, Mainfile, Reinsurance) processing and recommends design changes to improve processing or incorporate coverage/underwriting rule changes. Provides assistance to Home Office and Service Center Commercial departments regarding rating methodology and systems processing. Handles to completion Service Center correspondence, including defect inquiries and telephone calls; routes as necessary to other departments and does follow up to ensure timely completion. Assists in preparation of documents for regulatory filing material; measures and monitors state filings. Reviews Field Bulletins, training and Marketing materials for accuracy as regards to operations or procedures. Represents the Product Manager in his/her absence; conducts meetings, leads projects and responsible for overseeing product development of assigned initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned. Physical Demands
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Required job duties include sedentary work as well as some or all of the following physical activities; lifting and/or carrying 40-lbs (suitcases, projectors, handouts, laptop computer, etc.), seeing, speaking, hearing, and occasional operation of a motor vehicle.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment with occasional job duties performed in company car, airplane, hotels and various physical sites dictated by travel that are not always in a climate controlled environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Three years of Commercial field underwriting or equivalent industry experience.
Special Skill Requirement
- Proficient PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and database software knowledge.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical background
- Demonstrated Commercial product and coverage knowledge
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.