We are Farmers!
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Farmers Group, Inc. seeks an Application Subject Matter Expert III to act as Technical Lead for the Enterprise Operational Data Store (ODS). The ODS Technical Lead will be responsible for strategy and roadmap alignment of ODS conceptual design changes/enhancements, delivery of technical plans for legacy system streamlining, cost/benefit assessment of Continuous Improvement Roadmap submissions, management of ODS asset environments, and mentorship of junior colleagues.
Expertise Focus: Operational Data Staging & Informatica ETL.
- Leading technical development efforts in alignment with ODS strategy.
- Formulating and defining system scope and business objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify ODS assets.
- Coordinating with business partners, architects, analysts, and developers to create IT specification documents based on business requirements.
- Understanding business consumer processes and products and utilizing this knowledge to appropriately interpret and translate business requirements into workable technical solutions.
- Analyzing and revising existing system logic and documentation for continuous improvement, quality, and optimization; building transformation rules to convert data from various lines of business.
- Building data models and customizing data extractions/integrations based on business rules while holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Managing application controls and adherence to standards - reporting results in application scorecards and status reports.
- Coordinating with supplier teams for task assignment, code reviews, knowledge transition sessions, and operational activities.
- Troubleshooting system environmental issues.
- Performing quality review checks on project/release deliverables.
- Supporting users in building Business Cases, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- General Personal Lines Insurance Industry Knowledge
- Understanding of operational data staging environments, data modeling principles, and data warehousing concepts.
- Strong Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- SQL and Informatica ETL development expertise, with demonstrated ability to performance tune and optimize programs.
- Proficiency in Oracle/DB2 database technologies.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Effective problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risks to management for direction.
Special Skill Requirement
- Experience with Mainframe Application Programming, preferred.
- Experience with ERWIN or similar data modeling tools, preferred.
- Experience with JSON services or IIB integrations, preferred (not required).
- Experience with Guidewire preferred (not required).
- Experience with OBIEE, Tableau or other reporting technologies, preferred (not required).
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/03/2020