Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Farmers Group, Inc. seeks an Application Subject Matter Expert II to provide expertise in the ETL design, development, and functionality of the Enterprise Operational Data Store (ODS), particularly with Personal Lines Policy data functionality. The ODS SME will be responsible for the conceptual design of ODS applications; reviewing and validating technical designs provided by suppliers; performing quality review checks on project deliverables; validating supplier estimates; performing impact analysis of application changes across various data asset components; estimating Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) to implement new application functionality; specifying/recommending integration and parallel testing criteria; and supporting all implementation activities.
Expertise Focus: Personal Lines Policy Insurance Industry Knowledge & Informatica ETL.
- Formulating and defining system scope and business objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify ODS assets.
- Coordinating with business partners, architects, analysts, and developers to create IT specification documents based on business requirements.
- Understanding Policy business processes and products and utilizing this knowledge to appropriately interpret and translate business requirements into workable technical solutions.
- Analyzing and revising existing system logic and documentation for continuous improvement, quality, and optimization; building transformation rules to convert data from various lines of business.
- Building data models and customizing data extractions/integrations based on business rules while holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Managing application controls and adherence to standards - reporting results in application scorecards and status reports.
- Troubleshooting system environmental issues.
- Performing quality review checks on project/release deliverables.
- Supporting users in building Business Cases, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Personal Lines Policy Insurance Industry Knowledge.
- Understanding of operational data staging environments, data modeling principles, and data warehousing concepts.
- Analytical skills and SQL development proficiency.
- Knowledge of Informatica ETL and Oracle/DB2 database technologies.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Effective problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risks to management for direction.
- Experience with Mainframe Application Programming, preferred.
- Experience with ERWIN or similar data modeling tools, preferred.
- Experience with JSON services or IIB integrations, preferred (not required).
- Experience with Guidewire preferred (not required).
- Experience with OBIEE, Tableau or other reporting technologies, preferred (not required).
Job Posting: 02/03/2020