Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Manages application software project releases for multiple products and business lines; accountable for release schedule, financials, and deliverables; plans, monitors, and reports on the status; interfaces with senior IT and business management; evaluates risks and recommends mitigation measures; coordinates delivery of work from all teams involved; produces reports to relevant level of management; is accountable for managing the control points.
This role will be specific to managing the corrective actions (aka Rebills) for Personal Lines Insurance Products.
- Plans delivery schedule for corrective action projects and implement per schedule.
- Measures and monitors progress to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manages risks and resolves issues that affect scope, schedule and quality.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between different teams at same or different locations. Manage all key stakeholders expectations.
- Conducts Weekly meetings, Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Leads and co-ordinates the implementation activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Ensure alignment across all application teams and vendor partners for delivery of assigned projects.
- Manage development lifecycle for projects through build, test, and production implementation.
- Interface and communicate with various IT teams including Business Analysts, Delivery Managers, Development / QA Teams including infrastructure teams.
- Coordinate with other IT managements to determine if dependencies exist. Apply critical thinking in planning understanding the business urgency and impact along with consideration for team capacity.
- Monitor Post Implementation issues and manage key metrics.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues in a simple manner.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Must have confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment.
Education Requirements High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- PMP, Six Sigma or Black belt, Scrum/SAFe Agile practices and other iterative delivery methodologies.
- Prior work experience in managing rebills for Personal Lines Insurance Products.
Job Posting: 02/10/2020