Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Provides business unit (Personal Lines, Claims, Commercial Lines) finance support by partnering with the business unit in developing and executing on business strategies and tactical operations to achieve overall company goals.
- Facilitate the strategic and tactical planning process and develop a supporting financial plan by partnering with business leaders.
- Responsible for the entire business financial planning process, which includes budgeting, performance monitoring, variance analysis, and reporting.
- Develop planning and forecasting models, sensitivity analysis, and automate manual processes.
- Provide guidance and leadership to field management and support staff in developing, reviewing and reporting financial results.
- Serve as an internal consultant to the business division in identifying efficiency and operational improvement opportunities.
- Provide business division for all other finance support, including profitability analysis, cost/benefit analysis, return on investments, and other support as needed.
- Provide critical feedback on all business plans, initiatives and proposal to identify and mitigate risks and to fully exploit opportunities.
- Drive group decisions into results by working closely with assigned business unit.
- Makes key business decisions relevant to the assigned business unit financial outlook and provides recommendations to business units via in-depth analysis of complex issues taking into account interdependencies of financial indicators.
- Takes initiative in developing and implementing new complex and comprehensive methods and tools which will assist in better understanding the financial implications of suggested recommendations.
- Present complex ideas and concepts to internal and external customers in a professional, convincing and credible manner.
- Create timely performance plans and evaluations for direct staff with the goal of developing technical and professional capabilities.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or related field. CPA, CMA, MBA, Masters or similar preferred. Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- External candidates should have a minimum of seven years prior Accounting or Finance experience including one year as an Accounting or Finance Supervisor and two years as an Accounting Manager or Supervisor. The same time-on-job requirement is preferred for internal candidates.
Advanced skills in financial modeling, planning, and forecasting. Advanced computer skills in spreadsheets, database, online analytical processing (OLAP) tools, and enterprise systems.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/07/2020