Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Director of Enterprise Technology Architecture is responsible for establishing the vision, execution and building of a new Technology Architecture team. This individual is responsible and accountable to lead and guide the enterprise through architecture change which simplifies our landscape while transforming the business in alignment and support of our overall company strategy. Responsibilities span Infrastructure, Cloud, Integration, Dev Ops and Security Architecture.
- Ability to recruit, coach and mentor a staff of highly technical IT resources to ensure they can effectively communicate, collaborate and influence across the enterprise; promoting a culture of positive employee engagement.
- Effective and authentic communication and leadership skills with the ability to influence IT and Business stakeholders .
- Responsible for the creation and governance against Enterprise Architecture Strategy and Reference Architecture (blueprint, patterns, principles and standards) for all technical domains (i.e. Infrastructure, Security, Integration, etc.). Specific examples would be Business Continuity and Resiliency strategy, API Strategy, Data Center Strategy, Cloud Strategy, Data Security and Privacy Strategy, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and assess the technology risk across the enterprise landscape with a roadmap of prioritized remediation items to resolve to minimize technical debt. Responsible for governing against new risk introduced through compromises taken.
- Ability to establish architecture vision and influence architecture delivery in coordination with the roadmap, indicating current to future state direction with focused opportunities to support out strategy with clear benefits to both IT and business users.
- Responsible for creating design patterns and reference implementations to guide and ensure architecture alignment across the development and engineering teams.
- Ability to manage a healthy budget with demonstrated ability to highlight efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to directly manage a mixed team of full time employees and contractors.
- Experience building strong vendor relationships through managing augmented staff, negotiating work orders / change requests with alignment to quality standards and architecture vision.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities to lead large, multi-million dollar Infrastructure programs.
- Proven ability to work with all levels within the IT and Business organization.
- Expert knowledge in data center transformation and cloud migration.
- Expert knowledge in cloud operational models and cloud governance.
- Expert knowledge with container solutions and orchestration platforms, both on-premise and cloud based. Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Expert knowledge in virtualization architecture using technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Red Hat Virtualization.
- Expert knowledge of multiple hardware platforms including Cisco UCS, Nutanix, Netapp, and Dell EMC systems.
- Expert knowledge with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
Special Skill Requirement
- 10+ years in similar role.
- Certifications in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (i.e. TOGAF, Zachman, EABOK, EACOE, etc).
- Insurance industry experience is heavily preferred.
- Additional 3-5 years working in a similar role on the development team, engineering team, or administrator / production support.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/13/2020