Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Demonstrates understanding to customer needs by interpreting customer needs into viable solutions, providing input into system design.
- Effectively writes and refines user stories, including clear and accurate acceptance criteria.
- Performs detailed impact assessments relating people, processes and/or technology, and estimates user stories using relative sizing of story points.
- Identifies and raises issues and risks with functional design.
- Partners with the Product Owner to confirm code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Executes Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) to build in quality.
Agile Dev Team Member II with primarily a development discipline:
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; con figures packaged software.
- Documents and implements programs according to standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Delivers working code each sprint.
- Demonstrates ability to read and write simple code.
- Modifies code in an existing file.
- Executes basic data creation tools and reads automation test results.
- Demonstrates understanding fundamentals of automation tools and framework.
Agile Dev Team Member II with primarily a testing discipline:
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
- Identifies common errors that occur in standard application testing.
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains test cases and test data.
- Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs and defect tracking system.
- Defines comprehensive test plans needed to achieve appropriate level of coverage.
- Analyzes test results and assists with trouble-shooting and root cause analysis.
- Utilizes basic testing tools such as data creation, run batch processes and test automation tools.
- Applies Risk Based Testing techniques to planning and execution.
- Writes test cases describing business behavior to facilitate automation with some guidance.
- Contributes to the overall test strategy with limited ability.
- Assists with resolution of environmental issues.
- Supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Participates in key ceremonies to drive execution, improve flow and ensure transparency with limited guidance from a senior team member.
- Plans work via the preparation for and participation in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Sprint Planning, which includes developing and committing to Team PI Objectives and Sprint goals.
- Demonstrates working code to Product and Business Owners and supports the Product Owner in the execution of the iteration and PI System Demos.
- Actively participates in the Sprint Retrospectives and Inspect Adapt to timely discuss opportunities for improvement and are responsible for carrying out the execution of improvement stories.
- Participates in Daily Stands-ups to assess progress toward sprint goals and raise impediments.
- Participates in on-going and scheduled Backlog Refinement sessions.
- Demonstrates ongoing desire for continuous improvement and building knowledge in area of expertise.
- Actively seeks out development opportunities to further develop T-shaped skills and become a more cross-functional contributor.
- Practices continuous exploration, continuous integration and continuous deployment necessary for building the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and implementing DevOps.
- Offers innovative ideas within area of focus to improve processes.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of current state and seeks out opportunities for improvement.
- Actively participates in Agile Dev Team Member Community of Practice (CoP).
- Plans and conducts CoP sessions.
- Effectively manages the communications and action items resulting from the sessions.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain (Guidewire Policy Center applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
Job Posting: 02/14/2020
Other Locations: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids,United States, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City,United States, Ohio, Independence,United States, Michigan, Caledonia