Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Demonstrates understanding to customer needs by interpreting basic process or system solutions and providing input into system design.
Effectively writes and refines user stories, including clear and accurate acceptance criteria.
Performs basic impact assessment relating people, processes and/or technology, and estimates user stories using relative sizing of story points.
Partners with the Product Owner to confirm code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
Demonstrates understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) to build in quality.
Agile Dev Team Member I with primarily a development discipline:
- Demonstrates entry level developer skills with basic ability to code instructions for computer programs and limited ability to configure packaged software.
- Documents and implements programs according to standards and conventions with guidance from senior team members.
- Performs basic quality checks of program code, related objects and documentation. Delivers working code each sprint.
Agile Dev Team Member I with primarily a testing discipline:
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
- Identifies common errors that occur in standard application testing.
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains test cases and test data.
- Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs and defect tracking system.
- Defines basic test plans needed to achieve appropriate level of coverage.
- Analyzes test results and assists with trouble-shooting and root cause analysis. Utilizes basic testing tools and executes basic data creation tools.
- Demonstrates ability to read automation test results.
- Demonstrates understanding and applies concepts of Risk Based Testing.
- Demonstrates limited ability to write test cases describing business behavior to facilitate automation.
- Supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Participates in key ceremonies to drive execution, improve flow and ensure transparency with guidance from a senior team member.
- Plans work via the preparation for and participation in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Sprint Planning, including the development and committing to Team PI Objectives and Sprint goals.
- Demonstrates working code to Product and Business Owners and supports the Product Owner in the execution of the iteration and PI System Demos.
- Actively participates in the Sprint Retrospectives and Inspect Adapt to timely discuss opportunities for improvement and are responsible for carrying out the execution of improvement stories.
- Participates in Daily Stands-ups to assess progress toward sprint goals and raise impediments.
- Participates in on-going and scheduled Backlog Refinement sessions.
- Demonstrates ongoing desire for continuous improvement and building knowledge in area of expertise.
- Actively seeks out development opportunities to develop T-shaped skills and become a cross-functional contributor.
- Practices continuous exploration, continuous integration and continuous deployment necessary for building the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and implementing DevOps.
- Offers innovative ideas within area of focus to improve processes.
- Actively participates in Agile Dev Team Member Community of Practice (CoP).
- Can facilitate CoP sessions with guidance from leadership and/or peers.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain (Guidewire Policy Center applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
Job Posting: 02/14/2020
Other Locations: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids,United States, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City,United States, Ohio, Independence,United States, Michigan, Caledonia