Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Administers, analyzes, and prioritizes systems issues and negotiates a course of action for resolution. Supports work flow and solutions; trouble shoots user errors and supports reporting capabilities. Utilizes system monitoring utilities to monitor system availability. Extracts and compiles data system monitoring data to create availability scorecards and reports. Core member supporting our new cloud-based SaaS application including: automated scheduling and monitoring. Part of cross functional team owning the support model for this platform.
Perform research, systems analysis and design and makes recommendations to management
Act as a liaison between IT, users and vendors in development and maintenance of systems
Identify, prioritize and report system problems, changes and enhancements to proper support locations and ensure that follow up is performed
Perform business analysis and interview clients to determine business needs and project scope
Provide onsite training and support development of training documentation. Negotiate, and implement business objectives
Review data from system monitoring utilities to prepare detailed reports on system availability.
- Maintain and administer system monitoring utilities
Be able to run small infrastructure projects with minimal supervision
- Independently, run technical calls and report to senior management
Need to be able to run large infrastructure transformation projects, handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision
Partner with external providers, understand the provisioning, installation, dynamic configuration, monitoring and maintenance of services in the hosted cloud environment
Use monitoring systems to detect service/security issues and diagnose/fix them to achieve the highest levels of system availability, performance, and security
Design, configure, develop, test, debug and implement operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
Partner with Engineers to develop and implement best practices for release and deployment across a variety of platforms (e.g., ETL, ESB, Services)
- Provide on-call support for assigned applications
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. ITIL Foundation certification required.
- 5+ years of technical experience in a support role
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- Working experience of incident management, trouble tickets
Debugging and troubleshooting enterprise applications across different tiers to support and resolve problems
3+ years of experience supporting SaaS applications on AWS or other cloud providers
- Scripting experience e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Development experience with programming e.g., C#, Java
- Understanding of operating systems and networking concepts
- Understanding of relational database and SQL technologies
Experience working with schedulers e.g., CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys AE)
Experience working with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics & Splunk
- Knowledge of web services/API (REST/JSON)
- 3+ years working in an Agile, DevOps environment
Ability to provide well written documentation and training to team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Windows and/or Linux Systems Engineering
- Experience with Mulesoft ESB
- Experience with Informatica ETL
Job Posting: 02/08/2020