Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer resources; performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies, analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems / procedures to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude on application enhancements; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, etc. and makes recommendations; manages system development projects and supports the implementation activities and training, as required; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary.
This role is for an experienced ETL Informatica Developer located in Bellevue, WA. This role will do the following:
- Work under the direction of Software Engineering Manager/Project Technical Lead on the successful delivery of multiple ETL related projects and processes.
- Independently manage development of ETL processes – development to delivery.
- Interface with Business and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Translate requirements into technical specifications for ETL development; develop source-to-target mappings and actively work with Development, Test and Implementation efforts.
- Review design, code and migration objects for smooth project delivery.
Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications.
Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
Responds to Production Support issues.
Works with business as required.
Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency; researches and develops techniques for automation, as approved.
Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure efficiency, and compliance with specification.
Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems.
Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software.
Manages and controls system development projects.
Supports implementation/training activities; troubleshoots system environmental issues, as required.
Production Support: Support of Operations Team with data manipulation and ad-hoc reporting. Work with IT team and end-users to help troubleshoot problems. Participate in on-call rotation and respond to critical ETL incidents. After-hours support for application release and change management activities.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
Level III: Four (4) years of experience in application development
- Five (5) plus years of experience in developing data integrations and ETL with Informatica Power Center.
- Experience with Informatica Power Center 10.x, Power Exchange 10.1, Information Analyst, Metadata Manager.
- Strong expertise with advanced SQL on Oracle/DB2/Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Strong analytical skills (able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.).
- Should have good understanding of data integration concepts and terminology.
- Experienced with agile project methodologies.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing basics and concepts.
- Exposure to Data modeling – dimensional and relational modeling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills (scope, requirements, high-level design).
- Effective time and priority management.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
- Experience in Life Insurance Industry.
May require occasional travelling. Good written and oral skills in local language English Level-1: Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors. Level 2: take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts. Level-3: Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively. Capable of composing reports and technical explanations. Level-4: Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors.
Job Posting: 02/17/2020