Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Collaborates with Tech Leads, Data Architect, QA and IT management to represent data requirements and influence the design of new systems and integration solutions.
- Communicates and coordinates cross project impacts with BA’s/BSA’s assigned to other projects, with aim to ensure integrity and consistency of requirements
- Along with manager and BSA team, advances best practices in business systems analysis by introducing templates, tools, processes and knowledge sources to other team members.
- Reviews work activities and written requirements of BA’s, as needed, providing coaching and guidance to help ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Collaborates with Agile delivery team to elicit, analyze and groom business and technical requirements for large projects in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Creates and breaks down User Stories; aligns to business capabilities; defines acceptance criteria; and supplements with necessary data models on projects with heavy systems and data integration.
- Analyzes business processes and technical requirements to identify data needs and sources; prepares source to target data mapping; defines business rules to support ETL workflows; consults with development team to formalize approach for loading data.
- Contributes and/or reviews logical and conceptual data models to help determine and recommend optimal solutions with consideration for stakeholder and systems impacts.
- Facilitates and/or participates in Sprint planning sessions to create high-level Feature requirements and incorporate into Product Backlog based on dependencies and priority.
- Analyzes functional requirements including business processes; business rules; and exception processing, as needed.
- Reviews and validates requirements with stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives and also with system architecture / design solutions.
- Supports those doing testing, quality assurance and user acceptance efforts to ensure delivered solution meets acceptance criteria.
- Supports change management and implementation efforts by working with teams responsible for user training, procedural documents, and user support.
- Experience writing business & technical requirements for integration services between back-end mainframe architecture and enterprise applications.
- Business Analyst level understanding of data models, database structure and concepts, data warehouse, ETL layers, and SQL desired.
- Experience in senior/lead BSA position, collaboratively working with technical team to help design solutions and resolve issues
- BA experience with Agile Scrum methodology required.
- Business Analyst experience in the insurance or financial industry a plus.
- Working knowledge of BABOK framework and/or CBAP certification desired.
- Familiarity using ALM requirements tools such as TFS, JIRA, a plus.
- Other certifications such as PMP, BPM, Six Sigma, Lean, a plus.
- Proficiency with MS-Office applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, etc, required.
Job Posting: 02/13/2020