Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
The Application Operations organization’s overall responsibility is to ensure the Production availability of over 100+ applications used by Farmers’ agents, independent agents, and customers across the 50 states. Team members will recommend product improvements, such as features that would improve application usability, and are also responsible for proactively evaluating processes and providing recommendations to increase efficiency, system availability, and the quality of the user experience. Team members will also work with IT and Business Partners across the Farmers landscape.
- Be a contributing member of an Applications Operations team whose focus will include one or more of the following: Prepare instruction manuals, technical journals, Support knowledge articles for Farmers Applications/Systems, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
- Work closely with Application Operations, Application Development, Infrastructure Operations, Information Security, Audit/Compliance and other relevant Business Teams to organize and disseminate technical documentations among horizontal support teams.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation.
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users’ understanding.
- Develop, Standardize and govern communication content across support organization and enterprise.
- Revise and update documents to have latest and accurate details.
- Learn and master the functionality of key applications across the Farmers landscape and their underlying processes.
- Participate in/drive mass incident calls.
- Organize and write supporting documents and manuals.
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Having knowledge on Atlassian Confluence is a plus.
- Effectively communicate applicable metrics and progress.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications etc.
- Communications - Experience with both verbal and written communications - emails, reports, presentations, etc.
- Customer service – Must communicate well with customers and co-workers at varying levels within an organization
- Process improvements – Experience identifying and driving process improvements resulting in efficiency gains and/or improved customer experience
- Technical expertise – Experience with a technical subject, such as Computer Science, Web design, or engineering are important.
- Technical tools – Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Atlassian Confluence, Box and etc.
- Multitasking – experience handling technical issues from multiple customers at the same time and assessing/prioritizing the associated impact.
- Problem-solving/analytical skills – must excel at performing detailed analysis and resolving user problems of varying magnitudes.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/12/2020