At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
Farmers Information Security (FIS) is a great place to learn and grow as an information security professional. FIS defends Farmers and our customers from rapidly evolving cybersecurity threats.
We are looking for a talented Cloud security professional. The successful applicant will have a passion for the security discipline and a willingness to learn fast.
This role will be a key member of our Cloud Security Team, which ensures that our rapidly growing public Cloud footprint is secure.
The team’s responsibilities include:
- Designing, implementing, and securing solutions for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS technology including AWS, Azure, and GCP resources.
- Automating enforcement of Cloud compliance policies.
- Developing policy and documentation for security best practices for technologies new to the company.
- Identifying, investigating and responding to cyber threats, incidents and anomalies.
- Identifying and prioritizing security vulnerabilities in our environment, and helping to drive remediation.
- Making recommendations for necessary changes to our security controls to address emerging security threats.
- Designing, implementing and securing solutions for end to end security in a CI/CD pipeline for containers including Docker, Artifactory, CloudBees Jenkins, and Kubernetes.
In addition to maintaining to the security of our Cloud-based platforms, this role will be focused on contributing to the team’s larger cybersecurity efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- 4-6 years of information security work experience, with substantive experience working with cloud-based platforms.
- Willing to consider a candidate with substantive experience administering cloud-based platforms and a passion for the security discipline.
- Ability to apply a risk management lens to complicated technical issues, and make recommendations about how to reduce risk.
- Intellectual curiosity about cybersecurity issues. You read cyber and technical blogs and websites to stay current on industry trends and emerging risks.
- Flexibility - The duties of this role will likely evolve based on the interests and capacity of the individual hired.
- Understanding of a broad range of security technologies and how they work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Problem Solving Skills - You're focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
Experience in one or some of the following areas is preferred:
- AWS, Azure or GCP services and/or an understanding of how Cloud infrastructure works.
- Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools.
- Software development.
- Functional knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, PowerShell, etc.).
- PaaS platforms such as Salesforce or Heroku.
- Investigating cyber incidents.
- Threat intelligence and risk assessment.
- Container security platforms such as Aqua, Twistlock, Sysdig, etc.
- Secrets Management tools such as HashiCorp Vault, CyberArk, AWS Secrets Manager, etc.
- DevOps engineering (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc.).
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/24/2020
Other Locations: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids,United States, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City,United States, Texas, Austin