Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
The executive assistant provides moderate to advanced, often confidential support to company executives by handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors and phone calls, arranging conference calls and managing calendars (including booking travel) for one or more executives as assigned. Uses judgment and initiative to determine the action necessary to manage both routine and unusual situations.
- Greets internal and external customers
- Handles general inquires
- Refers more complex inquiries to appropriate department or individual.
- Uses good judgment and operates with a customer-centric approach to problem solving.
- Organizes executive’s calendars and prioritizes requests as needed.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and other activities.
- Contacts individuals to communicate schedule changes.
- Assists in compiling meeting agendas and speeches, etc.
- Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, at the direction of executive.
- Helps to prepare charts, graphs, tables, as necessary.
- Uses discretion in answering and screening telephone calls and emails as appropriate. Receives and assigns incoming mail to appropriate individual.
- Retrieves files and materials needed to address action items in mail/emails
- Maintains records, confidential files, and hold/diary system.
- Does follow-up work as needed
- May requisition, distribute and maintain supplies.
- Prepares expense reports and handles payments for expense items.
- May back up other Executive Assistants as needed.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four (4) or more years in an administrative capacity, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with processing billing and expense reimbursements, making travel arrangements, organizing corporate events and setting up conference meetings through teleconferencing or WebEx.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Typing Speed 40-50 WPM
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience managing multiple calendars via Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/14/2020