Personal Banker – Credit Union
Starting Pay $18 to $20/hr DOE
PLUS Qrtly & Annual Incentives
7:15am to 4:00pm Mon-Fri (No Saturdays)
High school diploma or equivalent
1-2 years sales experience (financial institution sales preferred)
*May involve 5% local travel. Office location is Austin, TX
This position requires an individual to display an ability to perform outside sales calls effectively, manage a sales pipeline and a solid follow up plan. Relationship management techniques are necessary to develop partnerships with Farmers agents, district manager and various territory support staff and management. This Sales Representative performs teller duties and new account functions, provides loan and account information, cross-sells products and services, participates in marketing presentations, resolves member complaints and assists in the overall operation of the branch.
- Financial industry experience - Banking or Credit Union Sales and/or Marketing
- Previous cash handling experience in a Financial Institution
- Presentation Experience
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Processes member transactions that include deposits, withdrawals, negotiable items, loan payments, cash advances online of credit and MasterCard, and data changes to member accounts. Opens new personal, trust, and corporation accounts and loads details on computer system for savings, checking, money markets, and certificates.
- Provides required documentation for IRAs.
- Answers member questions and resolves issues regarding share accounts and loan products. Quotes rates, terms, features, benefits, and services.
- Responsible for daily balancing of cash and transactions in accordance with balancing standards. Orders branch cash and prepares cash shipments. Prepares bank deposit. Performs all vault teller duties including maintaining custody and daily record of receipts and disbursements in the vault.
- Balances proprietary ATM transactions and cash and troubleshoots problems.
- Performs monthly surprise cash counts for teller drawers. Ensures bait money for each teller drawer is properly assigned and maintained.
- Under dual control, performs a monthly audit of all negotiables.
- Orders and maintains adequate levels of branch supplies. Assures compliance and marketing items remain current.
- Maintains and services ATM and video surveillance security equipment. Arranges for outside servicing as directed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of products and services, explains the features and benefits of membership and services offered, opens new accounts, and promotes the member driven philosophy and professionalism credo.
- Provides loan information and gathers necessary documentation for loan requests. Inputs loan applications into the computer system, runs credit reports and determines loan rates.
- Participates in achieving branch marketing goals related to new memberships, loan and share growth, cross-selling, and member retention. Participates in field marketing in vicinity of the branch and works with minimal daily onsite supervision.
- Takes responsibility for promoting the operational workflow of the branch.
- Provides feedback to supervisor regarding changes in branch operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Posting: 02/21/2020