We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
This role is a process owner of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure there is leadership and commitment to quality in our technology implementations. Successful stakeholder management and resource selection will be pivotal to success in this role.
Defines the overall testing strategy and manages User Acceptance Testing activities; Develops User Acceptance Testing plans, including test objectives, test scenarios, quality criteria and measurement techniques; Analyses test results and validates Acceptance Criteria are met; Provides guidance on testing tool usage and test case development to UAT Levels I and II. Oversees workflow, work distribution, and coordinates activities to meet service levels; Mentors lower level colleagues and provides in-depth training, as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Defines the overall testing strategy and manages User Acceptance Testing activities Provides in-depth training on test tools Prepares staffing plans, which may include staff, both on site and remote Develops Test Design Reports, including definition of Test Objectives and Test Scenarios, Quality Criteria and Measurement Techniques Provides guidance on test tool usage and Test Objective, Test Scenario and Test Case Development to UAT Levels I and II Oversees work flow, work distribution, and coordinates activities to meet service levels
- Mentors lower level colleagues Analyzes Test Results; Assists in Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups as necessary to ensure smooth transition of code through lifecycle
- Assists in training of other testers Develops, documents, maintains, and executes UAT specific test plans, test cases, and test data. Utilizes testing tools, as required Analyzes system and business requirements for testability
- Reports status around test plan execution through defect logs and defect tracking system
- Validates acceptance criteria are met Assists with resolution of environmental issues; Supports implementation and user training activities Communicates with customer and supplier staffs
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, specific, relevant business experience.
Level IV: 6 years of experience in various testing capacities or 2 years as a UAT Level III for User Acceptance Tester Level IV
Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional traveling; May require some weekend availability due to software release schedules.Good written and oral skills in local language Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. ]]>
Job Posting: 03/27/2020
Other Locations: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids,United States, Kansas, Olathe,United States, Delaware, Wilmington,United States, Arizona, Phoenix