Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Prepare complex financial reports and analysis for business unit management personnel at all levels. Provide other finance support and special projects as required. Train financial analysts and work closely with Manager Finance in developing reports and models to improve the business operations.
• Prepare monthly budget variance analysis and forecasting reports and provide recommendations.
• Prepare monthly key performance indicator metrics reports and provide analysis on trends and drivers.
• Develop financial and business models to provide the business additional insight to make decisions on improving the business.
• Prepare and review special projects and initiatives to provide critical feedback to business partners.
• Perform consolidation and analysis on annual strategic and financial planning.
• Prepare ad hoc reports, analysis and conduct special projects as necessary.
• Analyze underlying business factors that drive expenses within the department.
• Create PowerPoint presentations that provide insight into the business strategy.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Bachelors degree required in Accounting, Finance or related field. Six Sigma Yellow Belt preferred.
External candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience. The same time-on-job requirement is preferred for internal candidates.
Advanced Excel skills including working knowledge of pivot tables, macros and functions. Proficient in SAP-BPC, Power BI, or Tableau preferred.
Communicate effectively verbally as well as through written text
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 03/26/2020