Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Supervises assigned personnel. Provides financial reporting training and development to FAR staff Develops and maintains expertise in IFRS and various government reporting requirements including developing and implementing changes to Farmers processes.
- Also maintains expertise in consolidation of Farmers entities and the automated tools used therein.
- Manages the preparation and reviews various monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, schedules, exhibits, and disclosures. Including consolidated, individual company, benefit plans. Coordinates the flow of financial information to external agencies such as outside audit firms, rating agencies, and credit firms.
- Manages the preparation of internal financial reports, conducts background analyses, and briefs financial management on earnings results on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepares financial schedules and explanations of results for meetings of corporate companies' Board of Directors Manages account reconciliations and clearing entry processes, implements and maintains other internal control standards, and conducts quarterly reviews to certify maintenance and adherence to internal control standards.
- Manages the calculation and posting of entries.
- Reviews and approves payment of invoices and vouchers.
- Analyzes financial performance compared to plan and prepares/reviews reports distributed to management.
- Prepares the annual budget and quarterly narratives for the Corporate Financial Reporting departments.
- Coordinates the quarterly and annual close schedules, consolidation of FGI, including maintenance of SAP consolidation rules, creation of new accounts and period close.
- Leads projects as assigned.
- Performs ad-hoc duties as assigned/requested.
- Bachelors degree required in Accounting or related field (if there is a minor or masters in accounting or enough accounting units to sit for the CPA exam).
- Preferably have passed 1 CPA or CMA exam or have completed 2 MBA or Master courses.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt preferred.
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- SAP experience preferred
Job Posting: 03/03/2020