Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Demonstrates understanding of customer needs by interpreting customer needs into viable solutions, providing input into system design.
- Effectively writes and refines user stories, including clear and accurate acceptance criteria.
- Partners with the Product Owner to confirm code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Performs broad and detailed impact assessments relating people, processes and/or technology, and estimates user stories using relative sizing of story points.
- Supports implementation activities, troubleshooting user/system environmental issues, and training as required.
- Effectively supports business in building a Lean Business Case and breaking epics into features.
- Identifies and raises issues and risks with functional design.
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications.
- Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Responds to Production Support issues.
- Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency; researches and develops techniques for automation, as approved.
- Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure efficiency, and compliance with specification.
- Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems.
- Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software. Manages and controls system development projects.
- Supports implementation/training activities; troubleshoots system environmental issues, as required
- Excellent working experience on mainframe applications such as DB2/CICS/COBOL and JCL/ Easytrieve
- Prior working experience in analysis/development of Personal Lines Policy processing systems.
Job Posting: 03/26/2020