Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Responsible for promoting the operational excellence of the credit union through the supervision of card services employees and functions. Responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations while enhancing service delivery, departmental processes, and team bench strength. Responsible for displaying subject matter expertise in the areas of credit and debit portfolio products, services, transactional and processing process flows, dispute processing, and pass-through processing environments. Responsible for the planning and execution of employee training, process improvements, and assigned projects. Requires detailed and thorough knowledge of functional areas under supervision.
- Oversees and ensures operational excellence in the execution of card and payment services activities and directs staff within the department. Main areas of oversight to include cardholder servicing, card record maintenance, dispute and chargebacks processing, falcon/fraud strategy, inventory management, instant issue program, card systems interface and core batch jobs.
- Oversees and addresses cardholder servicing enhancement opportunities, projects, and initiatives by working closely with the member service center, branch operations, lending, collections, and other critical business units to establish, monitor, and support the attainment of targeted business objectives.
- Oversees, coordinates, and actively engages in the completion of assigned projects and initiatives, within agreed upon timelines. Supports the development and implementation of new technologies to enhance card and payment operations, products, and services.
- Oversees, tracks, and monitors all departmental goals and metrics and prepares requested supervisory summary reports. Maintains detailed data sets and metrics regarding employee performance, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensures that business unit and individual performance expectation are met.
- Responsible for overseeing and actively engaging in activities related to system releases, upgrades, enhancements, and new functionality. To include, the trouble-shooting and resolution of core issues relating to card and payment services batch jobs, processes, and systems.
- Responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures while ensuring that they meet federal, state, and regulatory guidelines. Ensures that departmental procedures are managed and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for issuing and maintaining communications regarding departmental performance, identified issues, projects and initiatives; Ensures that appropriate levels of Supervision and Management are well informed.
- Responsible for demonstrating technical wherewithal, comprehension, and detailed understanding of credit and debit transactional process flows, cardholder account files, cardholder data sets, processing relationship flows, falcon processing, and dispute/chargeback workflows. Must possess working knowledge of general payments industry developments, trends, and related initiatives.
- Responsible for being self-directive, utilize independent decision making, and taking action within appropriate authority level. Responsible for maintaining a creative, iterative, and agile approach to departmental oversight, and in addressing process improvement and business unit development strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Two years in a financial institution or related experience in payments industry.
Two years as a Card Services Supervisor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including intermediate Excel skills
- Strong professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to handle escalations and difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Strong analytical skills required to proactively address, research and resolve problems.
Job Posting: 05/13/2020