*Note – This position is for 3rd shift and a 4x10 schedule (4 days a week, 10 hours a day)
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Controls and manages shipping and receiving of all inbound and outbound material. Processes stock receipts in Coupa.
- Creates/Processes purchase requests in Coupa.
- Drives company vehicles (truck, van, car).
- Collects and distributes materials and correspondence by providing messenger/courier service to various internal office locations as assigned.
- Operates forklifts.
- Operates shipping computer systems.
- Fulfills supply order requisitions.
- Able to address all duties of Fulfillment Specialist 1 and 2 positions.
- Trains co-workers.
- Ensures assigned duties occur in accordance with department quality standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sitting, Bending, Cleaning, Climbing, Reaching, Pushing, Seeing, Standing, Walking, Twisting, Speaking/Reading/Writing in English, Pulling, Kneeling, Lifting/Carrying 50 lbs. Operate pallet jack.
Controlled ambient environmental conditions, Repetitive and moderately high noise level, Chemicals, Moving mechanical parts, Areas considered dangerous, Conditions which would affect the respiratory system or skin (such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, inks, solvents, particulate matter, oils, or poor ventilation), Electrical current, Forklift Traffic.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Operating certification on forklift equipment (or to be obtained within first 90 days)
- 3-5 years’ experience in warehousing operations or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure production environment (preferred)
- Experience operating forklift or jack pallets
- Experience working in an environment with PPE and SOP regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Knowledge and use of Ariba or Coupa (or related procurement program preferred)
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 06/30/2020